26 Jun 2013

An abandoned villa

While exploring the hamlet of Vilarinha my mum and I stumbled over a pair of villas standing empty and unloved. One looked to be halfway through the process of demolition and the other seemed never to have quite been finished off. A random selection of objects were scattered through each - a bottle of herbs, Portugese magazines, a pair of man's shoes, children's drawings, glittery thread, Trivial Pursuit pieces, and some beautiful German playing cards. Someone had obviously stayed there for a while. Here's a few things that my eyes liked...
This message, scribbled on the wall and then rubbed out, reads: 'Are you interested to do something with this house? [phone number] Sorry for the graffity I'll paint it.'
I will admit to being suddenly nervous that we would find a body floating in the reedy swimming pool.
So I brought home some of the lovely playing cards. I chose aces and tens.
I felt like the flippin Famous Five scrambling through these rooms.

0 comments:

Post a Comment